**Oops! I wrote this post the weekend before Thanksgiving and apparently never hit "publish". Sheesh. So here it is- 2 weeks late. I'll be back with a post of our Thanksgiving trip tomorrow, I hope!**
I love weekends. Jason is home and we kind of ditch our schedule and spend time together and it's so nice. (unless we are traveling and then it's a little more hectic!) Jason and I always catch up on our DVR'd shows on the weekends and stay up entirely too late Friday and Saturday nights!!
Thankfully, Lauren didn't come downstairs until 8:30 this morning, and then proceeded to watch and hour of tv- unsupervised while we slept in :)
We all got ready and headed down to Chattanooga. After a quick lunch at Red Robin...yum... we headed to Toys R Us with Lauren. Lord have mercy, I don't know what we were thinking! There were about 57,000 children screaming and crying and demanding toys while their parents attempted to shop/and/or drag them out of the store.
Normally I would not step foot inside a Toys R Us on a Saturday, especially not a Saturday during the holiday season, but it was kind of a necessity.
The necessity being that Lauren has been way too wishy-washy about what she might want for Christmas! Basically, she sees a commercial on tv for something and then tells me that she would love for Santa to bring her that for Christmas. I mention it the next day and she says, "no, mama, I not want that!" Hmmmm.....so we were kind of hoping that a trip to Toys R Us would give Santa a little inspiration.
And what was our little sweetheart most interested in? Not baby dolls or other "girly" toys. Not even the Calico Critters sets that mommy *hoped* she would love. Nope, she was obsessed with the Thomas the Train table that was there on display for the kids to play with and she also loved sitting in all the riding toys. Here are a few pictures....
She liked this one (which was the most expensive!)
because it had a cup holder for her drink. :)
Then she had to try out this tricycle and helmet.
She already has a tricycle, but this one was something different.
Thankfully, Jason and I agreed that a $300+ riding toy was simply out of the question. Plus, it is too cold right now to ride it, and our "yard" is way too small. So, Jason, who is a much better decision maker than I, decided that his little girl was getting a train table for Christmas and that was that. :)
I took Lauren over to the bicycles and let her look (we are thinking about a "big girl" bike when she turns 4 in May since it will be warm outside and she will be able to ride it) and Jason Claus purchased the table and stuffed it in the Tahoe.
Whew. I'm excited to have Lauren's Christmas almost all taken care of and it's not even Thanksgiving. I HATE to shop at malls and toy stores during holidays. It's just crazy and not fun to me. I ordered almost all of Lauren's Christmas presents online last year and have done some of the same this year.
I had a friend comment that she was not starting on her Christmas shopping this early because she wanted to be thankful for all she had and not focus on buying so much. I agree to an extent. I only like to get my Christmas presents bought early so I can ENJOY Thanksgiving and the weeks leading up to Christmas without having to scramble around, fighting crowded malls and supercenters!! :)
We are getting ready for a vacation next week with my family and I'm so looking forward to just relaxing and enjoying time together.
What about you? Has anyone else started/finished their Christmas shopping?










No comments:
Post a Comment