Monday, May 11, 2009

Show us Where You Live: Living Rooms

So Kelly, over at http://www.blogger.com/www.kellyskornerblog.com has been hosting a "Show us where you live" tour of homes. I didn't participate in the kitchen tour, but I loved looking at the 300+ other blogger's kitchens! ('Cause I'm nosey like that!)
So this week, I cleaned up my living room, snapped a few pics and thought I'd share my little home with all of you out there in bloggy world. (even if it is 3 days late!!)
Our house is small, but it's where we (myself, my hubby and our soon-to-be 1 year old, Lauren) call home! We have decorated throughout with kind of a "cottage" feel and you will soon see that every room is a different color (no white rooms here!)
Welcome, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile!

This is the view from the kitchen.


and this is the kitchen in the background. I LOVE the arched doorway...I think it's so cute!


This is the air return, and it's right next to the love seat, so we use it for a display shelf!


Pic of Lauren in Daddy's hands, vase and flowers from Hob Lob and wedding pic of us lighting our unity candle. (and some ugly remotes! HA!)

Our entertainment center..I HATE seeing the tv unless we are watching it!

The View from the front door (wow, I just realized it looks kind of bare!) I used to have more decorative things out, candles, frames, etc...but then we had a baby!

The pic we found at Hob Lob and had framed 1/2 off...we love it and it matches the room perfectly! (and it cost like 1/3 of what we would have paid if we had bought it elsewhere!)


LOVE all these baskets for storage...(of toys,of course!) There used to be frames in between the lamps, but we took them off until Lauren is a little older. (and her piano)

These steps are right in front of the front door and lead to our 2 upstairs bed and baths. This is Lauren's Vera B diaper bag and it hangs here by the door so I won't forget it!!


end table to the right of the front door; with our family picture

Lauren's "corner" There used to be a rocking chair here, but her books and toys have sort of taken over! (I really need to find some better storage options)

Even though our living room is small, we are blessed to have a partially enclosed basement. Soooo...we made one of the rooms into Jason's "man room." Didn't want to neglect it on the tour!

Um, needless to say, we are Bama fans! ROLL TIDE!!


Jason's Bama collection

Jason's DVD collection...and Lauren's sing and sound stage :)



ugh, the massive tv...Jason watches ALL Alabama football and Nascar from this giant!
Well, hope you enjoyed the tour.
This Friday is children's rooms...come back for a peek at Lauren's "crib" HA!








































3 comments:

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! Stopping over from Kelly's! Your living room is cozy and quaint! And as a Razorback fan, I am not allowed to comment on your den - hee hee! Thanks for giving us a peek!

Courtney said...

Stopping over from Kelly's. I love your blue and yellow room, that is one of my favorite color combos!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

What a sweet living room. I just love your furniture. Thanks so much for sharing!