Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What we've been up to....

This post is gonna be a "catch up" one. So, bear with me if it seems random!!

This week we introduced Lauren to bubbles. I bought a "bubble gun" mainly because I'm too lazy to blow 500 bubbles per minute like this one can. :)


Wanna take a bet on how much Lauren loved the bubbles?
I mean based on her past history, (with swimming pools, the beach, plastic bouncy balls and dogs) there would be no reason for her to go running away from the bubbles in terror, right? Ok, she's officially afraid of everything!! Sheesh.

Lauren running for her life



Once she realized that the bubbles were not going to harm her in any physical way (although we may need years of therapy), she did exactly what I predicted. She wanted the bubble gun. You know, "normal" just isn't her M.O.


Normal children would run, chasing gleefully after the bubbles and maybe try to catch them. My child was scared of the bubbles, but obsessed with the bubble gun. See?

So the bubble gun went bye-bye. For now.

Also, Lauren is getting into EVERYTHING!! While I was cooking this:

(chicken breasts, onion, cream of celery, can of Italian diced tomatoes and house seasoning...serve over rice, YUM!!!)
She amused herself with 2 of the door shelves from the freezer.
I'm not kidding.
She stacked them inside each other, and pushed them around the kitchen like a shopping cart or something.

Then, she discovered the basket in our pantry where we keep potatoes and onions. She is a little OCD, so she had to remove each and every potato from the basket one at a time, and then put them all back in the basket, one at a time.
So, I cleaned the kitchen while she was playing Farmer Brown.

She is getting over her fear of grass, and has been running around in the back yard the last few nights with us. However, she prefers concrete upon which to run at neck-breaking speeds. We have considered a helmet.

She is also very interested in these new toys that we bought for her to play with at the beach. And we all know how that ended up.

And she is FINALLY keeping bows in her hair. For about 5 minutes. Then she pulls them out and I can't find them. I am convinced that she has some kind of secret bow hiding place that I may 0r may not find one day!

The 2nd picture is her "super model" face. She cannot smile, she has to pucker up her lips and look serious! Ha!

On the fashion front, I had decided that she needed some supportive shoes for outside. I found these tennis shoes at Stride Rite on sale!! Woo woo!! The Knoxville mall was out of her size (4 1/2), but they called the Cool Springs Mall in Nashville and they were shipped to my house free of charge the very next day. (well, the shoes weren't free of charge, just the shipping!)

What do you think? I mean, they are definitely pink! No chances of ever passing these on to a younger brother (if that should ever happen!!)

I paired them with a hot pink shirt that day, but they are pretty cute with almost anything. That's part of being a kid, right? Your shoes don't have to match perfectly!

AND...Jason loved them and didn't even ask me how much they were! :)

Finally, Lauren has started saying "mom, mama, mommy" this week a lot. She just kind of babbles the 3 words over and over in random order. It melts my heart.

She especially says it if she falls down and gets hurt or if I won't let her pull all the things out of her dresser drawers in her room. She shrieks/cries and says "mmmmm... mama...mommmyyy" . Oh, boy.

And in case you were wondering, let me reiterate how much she does not like her father.

Not one little bit. :)

Daddy's Girl!!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

So funny that she is scared of the bubbles. My nephew also is fascinated with the bubble gun(I bought one because I didn't want to blow bubbles for hours). He loves to stand in the middle of the bubbles and let them hit him and he tries to eat them!